COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021
The Ministry of Health is regularly updating general advice relating to the Vaccination Orders, which can be found here: COVID-19: Mandatory vaccinations | Ministry of Health NZ and Vaccination Order Guidance document for PCBUs and workers (health.govt.nz)
Employers’ access to vaccination data
A process for employers to access vaccination data will go live later this week. The process will include a spreadsheet that the employer can fill out and send back to the Ministry. The Ministry cannot receive spreadsheets before the process goes live.
Employers can take steps now to prepare to make a data request. Employers who wish to obtain vaccination data that identifies each employee or person they have engaged will need:
- consent from the person to access the data
- up to date contact information covering:
- full name (first name, second name, surname)
- any alternative names the person is known by
- date of birth
- email address
- mobile phone number.
The Ministry will not be requesting National Health Index (NHI) numbers.
Questions and answers
Are ‘care and support’ services the same as home and community-based support services?
Care and support services includes home and community-based support services but is considerably broader than that.
Care and support services are funded by the Ministry of Health, a DHB, or ACC and provided to a person for the following purposes:
- assisting them to continue to live in the person’s home or in the community, or providing mental health and addiction support services, or vocational and disability support services
- if they have a disability, assisting them to work in the community
- if the person has an injury covered by the Accident Compensation Act 2001, supporting the person’s rehabilitation from the injury or supporting them to achieve and sustain their maximum level of participation in everyday life.
What information do employers need to hold?
A PCBU (Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking), for each affected person employed or engaged by the relevant PCBU, needs to keep and maintain a record of the following information:
- the affected person’s full legal name and date of birth
- a telephone number by which the affected person may be reached
- the dates by which the affected person is required to be vaccinated
- the dates on which the affected person has received vaccinations and the type of vaccination(s) received
- any applicable exemption provisions for affected persons and written evidence of any exemption.
The PCBU must also work with affected people to ensure records are actively maintained for ongoing accuracy.
The PCBU is responsible for the enforcement of the Order.
Where do I send questions to?
If you have any questions related to the order, you can send these to firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit: Josh Appel on Unsplash