A Health Passport is a booklet that you can carry with you when attending hospital appointments or meeting with other providers of health and disability services. It contains information about how you want people to communicate with you and support you.
How to get the best out of your Health Passport
- Complete it as soon as you receive it (don’t wait till you have to visit a hospital).
- Keep it safely with your other medical records (with your medical file or other paperwork that you may take to a hospital).
- Remember to take it with you every time you visit a hospital.
- Inform reception staff that you have a Health Passport when you go to a hospital.
- Keep your Health Passport close to your bed at all times when in the hospital.
- Remind all hospital staff who work with you to read the Passport.
- Remember to take your Passport with you when you return home.
Download which of these is most suitable for you. There is also a guide available to download.
My Health Passport
My Health Passport – Easy Read
My Health Passport brochure – express version
Guide for Completing My Health Passport
There is also a Guide to help you complete your Passport.
If you have printed “My Health Passport” in black and white, you may like to download the cover in colour (PDF 461kb) With this cover attached, your ”My Health Passport” is easy to see and less likely to get lost when you take it to hospital.